The Penang state assembly member for Pulau Tikus, Yap Soo Huey, has come up with a Green Transport Users programme to encourage her constituents and others to use RapidPenang buses and provide feedback.
Under the scheme, participants will be given free monthly Rapid Travel Cards for three months. In return they have to complete monthly surveys to gauge their experience during that period. They will also be invited to participate in a focus group.
The Pulau Tikus Green Transport Users is a programme to understand what influences people’s decision to use public transport and how we can make it better. Feedback collected will help to improve public transport services in Penang. It is also an effort to encourage more commuters to take public transport.
How does it work?
Pulau Tikus Green Transport Users will be given a free Rapid Travel Card at the start of November 2013, December 2013 and January 2014. Each Rapid Travel Card is valid for one month and entitles the participant to unlimited travel on Rapid buses throughout Penang. Participants who complete the full three-month programme will receive a limited edition souvenir at the end of the programme.
Together with the Rapid Travel Cards, participants will also receive survey forms that they must submit by the 25th of every month. At the end of the three months, information collected will be summarised and all participants will be invited to join a focus group to share their experience.
*Participants who do not return survey forms at the end of each month will be disqualified.
- Malaysian citizen
- Lives or works within Pulau Tikus, Taman Gottlieb, Mt Erskine or Pantai Molek (as stated in MyKad or proof of employment)
- Limited to 100 participants who have never registered for a Rapid Travel Card, and 50 participants who are current or previous holders of any Rapid Travel Card.
- Must complete survey forms every month.
Register at Pusat Khidmat KADUN Pulau Tikus,
34 Jones Road, 10250 Pulau Tikus, Penang. Available while stocks last.
• Photocopy of IC
• Passport-sized photograph (2 copies)
• Photocopy of student card and university admissions letter (if currently a student)
• Photocopy of OKU card (if applicable)
Phone: 04-2265 217, 017 469 3237