We learn something new everyday.
Today’s lesson is that a qualified, experienced GP cannot detect if a patient has been sodomised.
Apparently, if the Hospital Pusrawi folk are to be believed, that requires a sodomy specialist… err, I mean a gut specialist. This from the Malaysiakini interview:
What led the doctor TRO (to rule out) sodomy? Why?
Because Saiful mentioned that he was sodomised. Sodomy check-up has to be done by a specialist not a medical officer. You need a gut specialist. We don’t have one in Pusrawi.
At the rate we are being enlightened on this err, delicate issue, Malaysians are going to be sodomy experts in no time. Maybe we could be a world leader in sodomy medical research – you know, sort of carve out a specialist niche in sodomy detection and patient therapy. After all, it appears to have become a national obsession.
Even our political vocabulary has been transformed. Thus, for example, instead of saying that the rakyat are being squeezed or suppressed, the popular and preferred usage now is the rakyat are being “sodomised”.
Anyway, this segment of the Malaysiakini interview brings back fond memories:
You have spoken to Dr Mohamed who has confirmed that he examined Saiful and confirmed that he has signed this medical report, why is the hospital still not convinced that it is the genuine medical report? Why is it taking so long to match the copy with the original copy?
We just realised this. When? Two days ago. It is just like VK Lingam said, “It looks like me, sounds like me but it is not me”.
Also, check out the Aliran statement here.
On another front, Farish Noor has some questions for the wise Pas leaders involved in the Pas-Umno talks:
- What, in the respected opinion of the esteemed men of knowledge who lead Pas, is the correct hudud punishment for someone who kills a Mongolian model and then has her blown to bits by explosives (C4, for instance)?
- In the learned opinion of the respected men of knowledge of Pas, what should an Islamic Pas-Umno government do with weapons that were bought from Russia, a state that was known for its rather nasty habit of murdering Muslim Chechnyans?
- Would the wise men of Pas consider buying some more armaments from our beloved Russian allies in the future when they come to power as the bedfellows of Umno, such as, perhaps, used Kalashnikovs or other weapons of destruction that were perhaps also used to kill Muslims in Chechnya too?
- The Umno-led government has been praised by Washington as a key strategic ally in the ‘War on Terror’ and its leaders have demonstrated their eagerness to work with other developed Western powers in this war. Pas, on the other hand, declared the Taliban to be their brothers in 2002. Will the new Pas also join hands with Umno in the great Washington-led Crusade against Islamic terror when they come to power?
- Pas in the past condemned the Umno-led government for its alleged dealings with Israel. If Pas comes to power, will the learned wise elders of Pas find the necessary scriptural sources to help promote further dealings with Israel too?
- Between 2004 to 2008, the wise men of Pas declared that Islam Hadari was fundamentally unIslamic and when Pas came to power in several states in 2008 it even declared that it would no longer help promote the idea of Islam Hadari. Now that Pas may be on the threshold of its new honeymoon period with its beloved Umno, will Pas finally admit the error of its ways and accept that Islam Hadari is indeed the truest expression of normative Islam and do its utmost to promote Islam Hadari to its own misguided followers?
- Pas’ leaders have claimed that they wish to further the Islamic cause by getting closer to power. Will they now help to Islamise the Internal Security Act and other repressive laws to show that the ISA is, after all, compatible with Islam (especially Islam Hadari)?
- When Pas ousted its fourth President Asri Muda at the Pas assembly of 1982, its new Ulama leaders condemned Asri as a ethno-nationalist who sold the party to Umno and debased its Islamist ideology with ideas of racial communitarianism. Now will the same leaders of Pas please apologise to the departed Asri Muda and accept that Asri was right after all, and that the Ulamas’ ideology of Islamism was in fact an abberation that confused the minds of Muslims?