Well, this is what my colleagues and I and our civil society partners have been busy with over the last few days.
The People’s Agenda was unveiled yesterday, with six civil society co-sponsors.
The theme of the agenda is “Reclaim our Nation!” with the slogan “People first, democracy now!”
The five key points in the People’s Agenda:
- Uphold the dignity and quality of life of the people
- Promote equitable, sustainable development and address the climate crisis
- Celebrate diversity and inclusivity
- Save democracy and uphold the rule of law
- Fight corruption and cronyism
Check out the full People’s Agenda, which has been endorsed by over 50 civil society organisations. It’s just over 500 words, so it’s an easy read.
If you belong to an NGO and your NGO would like to endorse the People’s Agenda, please fill up this form to endorse.
Share with us what you think about this agenda. Would it be possible to get the politicians to address these issues in their campaigning?