With Pas now allying itself with Bersatu in PN, it is game on for the coming general election. The lines have been drawn (well, not quite, but still…).
So in the coming general election, it will probably be PN vs PH vs BN vs Warisan-Pejuang vs PSM vs Muda vs Maju independents vs other independents…
Will GPS remain with PN?
We can expect the smaller players to try and align themselves to the three main coalitions ahead of the general election.
But who will Umno ally itself to after the general election? Will there be post-election realignments for the sake of power?
Who should we vote for? This time, we’d better make sure we vote for candidates who are committed to:
- the people rather than big corporations
- to unity in diversity/inclusiveness rather than their own communal/racial/religious agendas
- to ecological protection rather than corporate and crony profits
- to empowering the poor and marginalised rather than enriching the top 5%
- to parliamentary democracy rather than authoritarian/dictatorial rule
The priority right now is to restore and repair our parliamentary democracy and to stop unsustainable mega-projects – especially now that there will be no oversight on government spending with the passing of the latest ordinance.