Well, say no more! As my academic friend observes:
…this is a sterling opportunity to draw out the oligarchic control of this country — a chance to pull away from the ethnic ding-dong that’s going on. Here is the oligarchy of wealth and privilege: an Indian lawyer, a Chinese tycoon, a Malay judge, etc. And claiming to do this in the interests of the country, of the PM (Mahathir).
Gives a whole new meaning to the word “muhibbah” – while they divide-and-rule the rest of the country, secure in their own positions of wealth and power.
See this press statement by Aliran president P Ramakrishnan.
He is calling for the immediate suspension of the Chief Justice and a review of decisions in the following cases:
- All judgments involving Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim’s court cases;
- The farcical sodomy conviction cases of Sukma and Dr Munawar Anees;
- The sacking of Tun Salleh Abas, Tan Sri Wan Suleiman and Datuk George Seah;
- The elevation of Tan Sri Moktar Abdullah to the Federal Court some three weeks after his retirement from his office as the Attorney-General;
- The Ayer Molek case;
- The Metramac case;
- All high profile cases in which these judges sat after leap-frogging over more senior and deserving judges still in service;
- Justice Idid’s letter which condemned and implicated 12 judges by citing 112 serious allegations of corruption and malpractice;
- Reporter Raphael Pura’s allegation that lawyer V K Lingam had written parts of the judgments of a judge in his defamation case;
- The case of certain judges holidaying overseas with lawyer V K Lingam.
|Please help to support this blog if you can.
Read the commenting guidlelines for this blog.
on the 7th minute of the video,he kept on saying “korek,korek…”haha…he likes to korek very much?
Lets be fair. Anwar had it for “sometime” the tape, why now. Enough is enough. His time is long past. Anwar, live with it. Time to move on. Stop singing the same song. He is no angel either. I pity him for what he went through but his years in isolation should have made him reflect and turn him to a better person. In spirit of the fasting month, let bygones be bygones. If you hear clearly, its only the guy talking, we do not know who is on the other side. So lets move on. The recent appointment of… Read more »
Well said 🙂