These are some of the mega projects in the pipeline in Malaysia.
Now, let’s gaze into the crystal ball and think about the fate of these projects.
Given the state of the economy now, our household income and debt, the dampening property market, and currency controls restricting the outflow of funds from China:
– how many of these projects will be successfully completed?
– how many of these will be in harmony with Nature?
– how many of these will be affordable to ordinary passengers/buyers?
– how many of these are targeting buyers from China?
– how many of these will require financing from China?
– how many of these will need to be bailed out in the end?
– how many will end up as white elephants?
– how many will be partially completed and/or abandoned – and at what cost to the public?
Leave your predictions below like a time capsule, and perhaps we will take another look at this blog post in five years (2023) and 10 years (2028) to see where these mega dreams have ended up.