Malaysiakini and Seacem are jointly organising a certified video journalism course in Penang over four weekends. Scholarships worth RM3,000 are being offered to suitable participants.
* To empower trainees through experiential training and give them the knowledge, technical skills and networks necessary for them to address issues of importance
* To encourage diversity, tolerance, acceptance, unity and democracy
* Practical workshops held every fortnight (four weekends) for two months – 10.00am till 6.00pm in the Aliran building.
* Workshops will focus on reporting skills and the production of video news content
* Citizen Journalism
* Scriptwriting for Documentaries
* Video Editing
* Video Camera
What’s in it for you?
- Learn principles required to become a citizen journalist or a better blogger
- Earn extra income as a part-time video journalist at Malaysiakini.tv
- Fellowships will also be given to the best trainees
The Penang intake starts on 10-11 January 2009 weekend and continues over four weekends until 21 February. .
Please email your CV and contact details to [email protected] or call 03-22843367 ext.111 by 5 January 2009