Six scientists, public health officials and experts have been enlisted to an International Advisory Panel set up by the Penang Electromagnetic Fields (EMF) Radiation Protection Alliance.
- Dr Gerd Oberfeld, adviser for environmental medicine of the Austrian Medical Association
- Olle Johansson, associate professor, head of the Experimental Dermatology Unit, Department of Neuroscience, at the Karolinska Institute in Stockholm
- Dr David Carpenter, Director of the Institute for Health and the Environment, University at Albany, Rensselaer, NY, United States
- Dr Carlos Sosa, physician and surgeon in Medellin, Columbia
- Eileen O’Connor, Trustee of the Radiation Research Trust, UK
- Alex Swinkels, National Platform on Radiation Risks, Netherlands and Board Member, International EMF Alliance
The Penang group wants the state government to abide by the precautionary principle in the legalisation process of telco towers. Of the 849 telco structures on the island, 466 are without licences.